Spread Betting Glossary: A
1. Account limit: The amount of investment needed to cover a trade in the form of a trader's deposit.
2. After Hours dealing: Trading outside of market hours for the world's leading Security exchanges.
3. AIM: The Alternative Investment Market, an exchange concerned in the trade of securities for smaller listed companies.
4. Arbitrage: The process where a gap between two Market Makers' prices is exploited by buying from one while simultaneously selling to the other to lock in a profit.
5. Ask price: Synonymous with 'Offer Price', the rate at which a spread is being offered on the short side.
6. Asset: Any thing with an underlying value that can be traded or exchanged, e.g. shares.
7. Assets: Often the basis for trading, assets are items which have an intrinsic value and can be sold – for example, a futures contract, a car.